Care for highly sensitive skin
Babies’ skin is five times thinner than adults’. It's still developing and therefore requires special protection. A baby's subcutaneous fat tissue is built differently and moisture can easily be lost through the thin, lean stratum corneum. Highly sensitive skin needs very special care.
The gentle effect of White Mallow
Our fragrance free White Mallow baby care range with organic white mallow extract provides a protective coating for highly sensitive to atopic skin. Carefully selected natural ingredients care for the skin, provide intense moisture and support the skin’s own strength.
White Mallow works holistically on the skin. It soothes, calms and protects highly sensitive skin and attenuates an excess of external stimuli. This is especially thanks to the polysaccharides in its roots, which combine with water to form a gel which retains moisture, soothes and envelops the skin with a protective layer. The white mallow used in our products is grown organically in Germany and Eastern Europe.
A question of ingredients
Only carefully selected ingredients
- Pansies contain mucus substances to calm and moisturize the skin.
- Coconut oil is cold-pressed and contains saturated fatty acids. It stays on the skin and forms a natural protective layer.
- Borage Seed Oil rebuilds the skin's natural barrier using triple-unsaturated Omega-6 fatty acids (gamma-linolenic acid).
- Safflower Oil is rich in linoleic acid, a valuable Omega-6 fatty acid, and therefore helps rebuild the skin’s natural barrier.
- Sesame Oil is exceptionally kind to the skin, thanks to its polyunsaturated fatty acids and valuable Vitamin E.
- Beeswax is particularly well tolerated by the skin and protects it without affecting its natural functions.
- Almond Oil is also very well tolerated by sensitive skin and is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Cocoa Butter contains valuable saturated fatty acids and therefore forms a protective layer on the skin, which prevents it from drying out.
- Zinc oxide binds moisture and protects the skin from irritating substances
A few small tips to make a big difference
It is best to wash your baby with clean water at a pleasant body temperature (around 37° C). You can also add a fragrance free replenishing oil, like Weleda’s unperfumed Calendula Baby Oil to the water. Gently massage affected areas and use a damp cloth to gently wipe away.
Irritation free surroundings
Clothes made from organic cotton, silk or linen feel very comfortable on the skin. Cut out laundry labels and use fragrance free laundry detergent. For acute itching, cut fingernails and put cotton gloves on your baby overnight. An allergy test can identify any food intolerances.
The importance of down time
Fixed quiet time, plenty of sleep and routines for daily activities and bedtime provide security and calm. Take your baby out into the fresh air regularly and air the room your baby stays in several times a day. And take time for yourself, because your stress also affects your baby. If you are relaxed, your baby can relax too.
Not only for babies’ delicate skin
Loved by adults too
Adults with sensitive or neurodermitic skin can also benefit from the caring, soothing effect of the Baby Derma White Mallow range. The White Mallow Body Lotion soothes, provides the skin with valuable moisture and alleviates irritations.
“Highly sensitive skin requires particularly gentle care and few, but high quality, natural ingredients.”